Service de Médecine Interne
29, Av. de Lattre de Tassigny
54035 NANCY Cedex
allergy to an umbellifer or a composite does not necessarily include all
the foods belonging to this group.
The problems presented involve raw foods.
Raw foods should not be eaten during treatment with aspirin, non steroidal
anti-inflammatory drugs or alcohol, before or after intense exercise:
sport, house work, dancing, etc.
celery : celeriac, branch celery, celery salts: tomato juice,
• fennel and fennel seeds
• spices : aniseed, dill, carroway, cumin, coriander,
• parsley : when there is a large amount in a dish:
i.e. parsley butter, snails, tabbouleh, etc.
• curry : mixture of different spices which may vary
depending on the country of origin
• cooked dishes containing spices or unspecified seasoning
• sunflower : sunflower seeds, sunflower pollen
honey, sunflower margarine (ask your allergist for advice)
• lettuce (hearts and ribs)
back to avoidance diet